Hair highlights are a great way to change up your look, but they can also be tricky to care for. If you want to keep your highlights looking healthy and shiny, follow these tips.
1. Use a shampoo and conditioner designed for color-treated hair.
Regular shampoo and conditioner can strip the color from your highlights, so it’s important to use a formula that is specifically designed for color-treated hair. This will help to keep your hair looking healthy and shiny.
2. Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week.
To keep your highlights looking their best, use a deep conditioning treatment once a week. This will help to restore the moisture and shine to your hair.
3. Avoid using hot tools.
Hot tools can damage your hair, so it’s important to avoid using them as much as possible. If you must use them, try to use the lowest possible setting and always use a heat protectant.
4. Use a UV protectant.
Exposure to the sun can fade your hair color, so it’s important to use a UV protectant when going outside. This will help to protect your hair from the sun’s harmful rays.
5. Avoid swimming in chlorinated water.
Swimming in chlorinated water can strip the color from your hair, so it’s best to avoid it if you want your highlights to stay looking bright.
With these tips, you can keep your highlights looking healthy and shiny for months on end.
Table of Contents
- 1 How do I keep my hair from getting damaged from highlights?
- 2 How do you keep highlighted hair hydrated?
- 3 What not to do after getting highlights?
- 4 How do you take care of your hair after blonde highlights?
- 5 How damaging is highlighting your hair?
- 6 Which is more damaging highlights or color?
- 7 Should you deep condition after highlights?
How do I keep my hair from getting damaged from highlights?
There are a few things that you can do to help keep your hair from getting damaged when you get highlights.
The most important thing is to use a good quality hair dye. Make sure to choose a dye that is ammonia-free and that is designed for highlighted hair.
Another thing that you can do is to use a good quality hair conditioner. A conditioner with protein will help to strengthen your hair and help to prevent it from becoming damaged.
You should also avoid using a lot of heat on your hair. Try to use a low heat setting on your hair dryer, and avoid using hot tools such as curling irons and straighteners.
If you follow these tips, you can help to keep your hair from getting damaged when you get highlights.
How do you keep highlighted hair hydrated?
If you’re someone who likes to keep their hair looking its best, then you know that hydration is key. And for those with highlighted hair, it’s especially important to keep your locks hydrated, whether your highlights are natural or added with hair dye.
Luckily, keeping your highlighted hair hydrated is easy to do. All you need is a good shampoo and conditioner that are designed for hydration, and you should also use a hair mask or treatment at least once a week.
The best shampoos and conditioners for hydrated hair are those that contain ingredients like shea butter, argan oil, or coconut oil. These ingredients help to seal in moisture and protect your hair from drying out.
If you don’t have a shampoo and conditioner that contain these ingredients, you can always add a moisturizing hair treatment to your routine. There are many different types of hair treatments available, so you can find one that best suits your needs.
Whether you’re using a shampoo and conditioner designed for hydrated hair, or you’re using a hair treatment, be sure to apply it evenly throughout your hair. And don’t forget to rinse it out thoroughly!
If you follow these tips, you’ll be able to keep your highlighted hair looking healthy and hydrated.
What not to do after getting highlights?
Many people are anxious to show off their new hair highlights. However, there are a few things you should avoid doing after getting highlights in order to maintain their vibrancy and prevent them from looking brassy.
1. Don’t wash your hair for at least 24 hours after getting highlights. This will allow the hair dye to set and will help keep your hair looking shiny and healthy.
2. Don’t use any harsh chemicals or styling products on your hair for at least 24 hours. This will also help the hair dye to set and will help keep your hair looking shiny and healthy.
3. Don’t expose your hair to the sun or UV rays for at least 24 hours. This will help prevent your hair from becoming brassy or orange.
4. Don’t blow-dry your hair for at least 24 hours. This will help prevent your hair from becoming frizzy or damaged.
5. Don’t brush your hair for at least 24 hours. This will help prevent your hair from becoming frizzy or damaged.
6. Don’t put your hair in a ponytail or bun for at least 24 hours. This will help prevent your hair from becoming frizzy or damaged.
7. Don’t color your hair for at least two weeks after getting highlights. This will allow your hair to recover and will help prevent your hair from becoming brassy or orange.
By following these tips, you can help keep your hair looking healthy and vibrant after getting highlights.
How do you take care of your hair after blonde highlights?
Now that you’ve gone blonde, it’s important to know how to take care of your hair to ensure that it remains healthy and retains its beautiful color. Here are some tips for taking care of your hair after highlights:
1. Use a shampoo and conditioner specifically formulated for blonde hair.
2. Use a UV protectant on your hair to protect it from the sun’s rays.
3. Avoid using hot tools on your hair, such as hair dryers and curling irons.
4. Use a silk scarf or bonnet when you sleep to protect your hair from friction.
5. Trim your hair every 6-8 weeks to keep it healthy and free of split ends.
6. Get regular haircuts to remove any damaged or split ends.
By following these tips, you can help keep your blonde highlights looking beautiful and healthy for months or even years!
How damaging is highlighting your hair?
How Damaging is Highlighting Your Hair?
The popularity of highlights has made it one of the most common hair treatments around. But how safe is it? And how damaging is it to your hair?
The answer to both of those questions is: it depends.
Highlights can be a great way to brighten up your look, but they can also be very damaging if not done correctly.
One of the main problems with highlights is that they can dry out your hair. This is because the bleach or hair dye used to lighten your hair can also strip away the natural oils that keep it healthy and shiny.
Another issue is that highlights can make your hair more prone to breakage. This is because the bleach or dye can weaken your hair shaft, making it more likely to snap off.
If you do decide to get highlights, it is important to choose a reputable salon that uses quality products.
And, if you are concerned about the damage that highlights may be doing to your hair, you can always ask your stylist to use a less harsh lightening agent.
In the end, whether or not highlights are right for you depends on your hair type and how careful your stylist is with their application. So, if you are thinking of getting highlights, be sure to do your research and talk to your stylist about the best way to go about it.
Which is more damaging highlights or color?
In the beauty world, there’s always been a debate about which is more damaging: highlights or color. We’re here to set the record straight.
The truth is, both highlights and color can be damaging if not done correctly. Highlights can damage your hair if the lightener is too strong or if it’s left on your hair for too long. Color can damage your hair if the dye is too harsh or if it’s applied incorrectly.
That said, highlights are more likely to cause damage than color. This is because highlights involve bleaching your hair, which is more harsh than dyeing it. Color is also less likely to cause damage if it’s applied correctly and if you use a quality dye.
So, which is more damaging: highlights or color? The answer is, it depends. Both can cause damage if not done correctly, but highlights are more likely to cause damage than color.
Should you deep condition after highlights?
Deep conditioning is a popular way to add moisture and strength to hair. It’s often used as a remedy for dry, damaged hair, and can be very beneficial for restoring hair health. So, the question is, should you deep condition after highlights?
The answer is, it depends. If your hair is healthy and you only have a few highlights, you probably don’t need to deep condition. However, if your hair is dry or damaged, deep conditioning after highlights can be very beneficial.
If you’re not sure whether or not you should deep condition after highlights, it’s always a good idea to consult with a hair stylist. They can help you decide what’s best for your hair and can recommend products that will help you achieve your desired results.